JOB TITLE: Behavior Modification Specialist
Come join Behavioral Health Services of Virginia, ABA Therapy provider!
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES OF VIRGINIA is looking for experienced, self-motivated, hardworking Registered Behavioral Technician (RBT) who are passionate about working with individuals with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) based on the principles of applied behavior analysis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Conduct functional behavior assessments.
* Implement individualized behavior plan based on the principles of ABA to address communication, feeding, behavior, ADLs and social skills.
*Utilize ABA principles to include discrete trial learning, incidental learning, shaping, chaining, differential reinforcement etc. under the direction of supervisor
*Provide social skills training, and generalization of skills in school and community settings
* Update treatment plans as necessary.
* Train family members on implementing the treatment plan.
* Provide 1:1 ABA therapy in home, school, and community-based environments.
*Track progress and behaviors using specified data collection methods during every session
* Ensure that the child is in a safe and positive environment at all times.
* Follow the policies and procedures of Behavioral Health Services of Virginia.
To be considered for this position you must meet the MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
*Bachelor’s degree or higher in a human service related field is required
* Experience working with children with developmental disabilities.
* Experience working with children with behavior problems.
* Experience conducting family training on ABA-based treatment plans.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Excellent writing skills.
**Unlicensed RBT’s must be willing to sit for the Registered Behavior Technician exam within three months of hire.
**We offer health, dental and vision insurance for full-time employees.